Monday, April 11, 2016

Blue Death Feigning Beetles( Asbolus verrucosus)

Hi Guys! :)
Here are some photos of my 4 blue death feigning beetles, I have 2 males and 2 females. I received them from Bugsincyberspace.com over November and December. I keep them in a 13 gallon glass tank, where I keep my other 7 or so darklings. I use a mix of sand, hardwood chunks, dead leaves, and a little bit of dry coconut fiber as their substrate and it is about 3/4 of an inch deep. Although the substrate and depth I keep the substrate at are not good for breeding and egg-laying, it is fine for the adult beetles. I however might eventually add a fairly deep bottom layer of moist coconut fiber and try my hand at breeding some of the darklings in my tank! These beetles are great for photo shoots because they look magnificent and stay still fairly well. Their light blue coating is absolutely stunning! Although breeding these and rearing the larvae is very difficult, this is a beetle that any darkling lover must experience!
Female BDF beetle

Female BDF beetle playing dead


My 4 BDF beetles

My darkling beetle tank
 Until next time, Goodbye from All About Insects!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, I love these guys! Hope they live on for many years! :)

    ReplyDelete