Monday, July 29, 2019

On the Up and Up

Hello and welcome. 🙂

Guess what? I'm finally free from everything besides maintenance on the buggy (and not so buggy) horde!!! 😆 With this in mind, you can expect continuous, hot off the press blog posts for the next month until my Summer break inevitable comes to a stop once again. Getting everything situated and up to date on the blog has been a goal of mine forever now, so I'm very much hoping I can be as productive as I want these upcoming weeks. The horizon is clear and I truly see nothing standing in my way. With the dust settled on that topic, let's get down to the point of this post - the blog's new and superior form!

I have noticed that the blog isn't all to where it could be for a while now, but in this last month or so, I thought I'd stop with the pondering and take some action. Here is the total list of changes the blog has undergone. ⬇️
  1. New and improved availability list including a large spike in total species on offer and pictures alongside each and every one of them.
  2. A change in the placement of the "currently kept arthropods" list from the right hand margin of the blog to a much tidier assemblement on it's own page.
  3. A brand, spankin' new page dedicated to my arthropod content outside of the confinement of the blog.
The availability list update is rather self-explanatory, but as for the "currently kept arthropods" list move, it might not be as clear. Simply put, I despised the disorderly look that was a given when keeping the list on either of the blog's borders. It was convenient for people quickly popping in and being able to see it right away, but for the longer scientific or morph names, they would easily pile on top of themselves taking up 2-3 lines for one single organism. For that reason and that reason only, with the helpful recommendation of the trusty Invertebrate Dude, I transferred the list to its very own page by what other name than "Currently Kept Arthropods". Here it will likely reside for the duration of the blog. 

The new page on other places to follow my arthropod content has been a long time coming. In the recent time that I have been unable to consistently create blog posts, I have still been fairly active on other outlets such as the various arthropod forums and my Instagram account. With the much better ease of posting over there, it is a good place to catch sneak-peeks of new species and updates that have yet to hit the blog, but if you simply enjoy reading about everything in its entirety here, that's fine too. You can find this aforementioned new page right after the "Currently Kept Arthropods" and "Arthropods for Sale/Trade" pages by the title "Alternate Links".

That's about all I wanted to get off my chest. I hope you guys enjoy the new look of the blog just as much as I do and I'll meet you right where I always do - next post. 🙂

5 comments:

  1. Nice, I love all the changes, and am really looking forward to the future flood of posts!!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also FYI, there appears to be excess space between the True Bugs and Earwigs on your culture list! 🙃

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I am as well. :D

      I noticed that and have exactly no clue to how to fix it. :/ Incorrect spacing is my achilles heel!

      Delete
    3. Yeah that's one thing Blogger really needs to fix, I'm constantly having weird spacing issues, especially where images are involved... 😐

      Delete