Thursday, February 25, 2021

It Begins

 Hello and welcome. 🙂

(Wow, I haven't typed up those words in a hot minute. 😅)

Today I bring a joyous announcement - All About Arthropods is officially on YouTube!!! This has been a loooong time coming. I initially created the entity in June of 2019, but held off from actually posting anything due to self-imposed quality standards. My thoughts were that it was basically useless to release the slightest smidge of content if it wasn't up to par with what I'd like to be producing in the long run. Eventually I came to my senses and realized that this mindset was only holding me back from kickstarting my channel. Why so much contemplation in the first place though? Well, because YouTube isn't just a hobby for me, it's my dream job. There is something almost inconceivable about being able to do what you love, reaching a nearly limitless audience, AND getting paid for it. I admit, going toe to toe with society's deep-rooted stigmas will be no cakewalk, but you better believe I'll be giving it my all. Arthropods are just too great not to fight for.

With that big news out of the way, I feel a need to address the future of the blog. It is no secret that things have grown rather lifeless in recent years. This has not necessarily been by choice, but more so just the trajectory of life. As the years have went on, I've developed bigger and bigger aspirations and an increasing shortage of free time. That introduces a problem. Call me a perfectionist, but I can NOT press that publish button until each and every facet of a post is *just right*. As a result, many have taken hours or even days to complete. Throw in the emergence of social media outlets that allow me to reach a much larger crowd in much less time and I'm left unable to justify projects like the blog. HOWEVER, this is in no way the end. Even if it's pre-written posts on a monthly or bimonthly basis, I can still confidently say that you will see new content here going forward. 🙂 This was the first place I ever started sharing my love for bugs and it won't be forgotten. 

I'll see you next time and, as always, look closer. 🔍

No comments:

Post a Comment