Thursday, October 14, 2021

Changing Times

Hello and welcome. 😊

I have a surprise for youuuu. 😁 

Here ya go: 🎁 

Come on, open it! 

🎁💥💥💥!!!

Surprise! "All About Arthropods" is now "Bring on the Bugs!" 

If you didn't expect another name change, I don't blame you one bit. I didn't really even anticipate it myself. 😅 The original reason I changed the brand's title was because "All About Insects" left out a large portion of the animals that I was actually passionate about. "All About Arthropods" fixed that issue perfectly.....but then another arose. While this moniker did sum up the focus of my brand very well, I feel like it also cut out the majority of my potential, and honestly targeted, audience - the laymen. If you approach the average person and say, "I want to teach you about arthropods!", the first thing they'll probably say is, "Get out of my face, you freak!", but if you're able to get past that, they'll ask, "what're arthropods?" I want to eliminate that question. 99 out of 100 times, when people call something a bug, they're referring to some type of arthropod. So, regardless of some slight scientific inaccuracy, the two words are basically interchangeable, and when one of them is virtually nonexistent in popular culture, it seems clear which to use. Fingers crossed this brings some welcomed exposure to my bug education efforts and hopefully you guys don't miss the old name too bad! 

There is also one second little surprise that I'm sure most of you already discovered upon clicking on this post - the blog's theme underwent a massive update! Notable changes include a new background picture, a new blog template, a title picture, an "About Me" page, and clickable social media links (courtesy of my long time buddy, Invertebrate Dude, who's content you should also definitely check out!). All in all, things look much more professional/engaging and I'd say that it was a big success!

In closing, I'd like to leave everybody with a little teaser into one of the most exciting developments in my collection's history, which I will undoubtedly showcase in it's entirety at some point soon. I'll see you next time, but until then, remember to always - look closer. 🔍

Hint: the roachers out there will know what this is 😉

2 comments:

  1. Loving the new look, super excited to see new posts from you! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated. 😄 Hopefully I can get in the rhythm of things here shortly!

      Delete