Thursday, January 12, 2023

Farewell (The End of the Blog)

Hello and welcome....for the last time. 😔

Today it is with a heavy heart that I announce the end of this blog. It has been a great run and I will truly never forget eagerly typing up posts here as a fervent, young hobbyist, but it is time for a change.

If I'm being completely honest, I stopped paying attention to the blog years ago, even though I never admitted it. I'm in a new chapter of my life and just can't realistically see myself ever creating long-form content on here like I used to. Rather than leaving everyone in the dark about its future, I figured I'd write this post to leave no questions unanswered.

I will still be updating the sale list regularly and writing up info/care sheets over on Bring on the Bugs: Breakdowns. That is, until I go through with my ultimate plan....

Sometime this year, I hope to open an official Bring on the Bugs website! This website will focus on bringing educational bug content to the public, as well as cultivating the appreciation of these amazing animals in the wild, home landscape, and captive setting. While Blogger definitely has its uses, I did feel increasingly restricted by its format as the years went on and my focus drifted to different types of content creation. A fully customizable website will alleviate these limitations and allow Bring on the Bugs to fully spread its wings. 😊

Well, I guess that's it....

Farewell and thank you for reading over the years. Your support will always be sincerely appreciated. This is not an end, but a new beginning.

I'll catch you on the flipside! ✌

Joshua Campos
Owner of Bring on the Bugs

2 comments:

  1. I'll be sad to see this blog cease activity permanently, but look forward to seeing what future projects and content you put out on other platforms! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot that I turned on post approval. Oops! lol

      Much appreciated! At least I'll still get to live vicariously through your blog. 😅

      Delete